It's been a long time since I last wrote on this blog. I'd like to apologize to all my fans...which so far, seems to be limited to myself and my own twitter account. None the less, I'm bloggin today to let everybody know that I finally went ahead and initiated the SharePoint Technical Community for the Government of Canada I've been talking about for months now. The first meeting is scheduled for January 13th 2011, and will be held at the Transportation Safety Board of Canada's Head Office down in Gatineau. The invite has been sent out to some individuals I've come to know in the past years, but everybody is invited. If you'd like to join, please drop me an email.
The first session will give an overview of how the current TSB SharePoint development environment is configured, and what development tools our guys are using. I am planning on having monthly meetings with the community.
So, enough with the self promotion, a couple of things got my attention on the SharePoint scene this week, and thought I'd mention it on my blog. First off the SharePoint team finally made the move and transferred their blog onto SharePoint 2010. As @ToddKlindt once said, Shoemakers' child often have the worst shoes.
The second thing that is worth mentionning, is that Microsoft released a new version of their now World Famous "SPDisposeCheck" tool. If, like me, you are a developer and are alway eager to improve your products, SPDisposeCheck is a great utility that will allow you to easily pinpoint SharePoint objects that are loaded into memory, but that are never being dispose properly. This tool should be part of any SharePoint dev's toolbelt.

No comments:
Post a Comment